Aloha!!! NZ

cramramdon

Hey - I stopped in to read some powsts and liked the board - so here I am. Just another cichlid fanatic :roll: Sure you needed another one of those :o I am also a planted tank entheusiast - and my spelling is probably the worst you will ever see!!!!! guaranteed!!!!! :D :lol:

Well - so I got to ask - Is it true there have been oscars that grew bigger than 13"???? I have rescently heard that there have been oscars to grow up to 22" :o :-? Flustered about this!! - If you have seen a huge oscar. please tell me about it.

cram

Hi Cram, glad you joined us.

I had ten Oscars over 14" long in a 9X2X2 tank that I used to show in my early days.

They were a tad on the small side compared to some that used to do the rounds. They are after all a food fish in some countries and certainly get a lot bigger than our tank kept ones :)

What size are your tanks, and how old are the Oscars ?

Regards,

Bill (Pegasus)

I have two oscars in a 100 gal. They are 9" now and are only about 6 months old. I feed them various dry foods, shrimp, snails, earthworms, and mealworms. They also eat some of the algae discs I put in for the pleco. :roll: I keep the temp around 83-84 and try and feed them three times a day.

cram

• 2 weeks later...