German blue ram with clamped tail (with photo)

BGK2

Hi guys,

I bought a few German Blue Rams about 4 days ago.

1 of them seem to have his tail clamped and I've never seen it open. At the LFS it was fine (unless the staff caught the wrong one).

It's still eating but it hides slightly more than the other blue rams (although it does come out quite a bit as well).

The other blue rams seem to be perfectly fine.

I have a 200L tank (4ft Long)

Current Tank Mates:

3x Otocinclus

3x Clown Loach (about 5cm)

6x Rummy Nose Tetra

5x Dwarf Neon Rainbows

4x German Blue Rams (including this one)

Tank Specs:

1x Eheim 2222 Professional Filter

1x Aqua One Aquis 700 Filter

1x Blue Planet UV Filter

1x 3ft Aqua One PlanGlo LED light

1x 4ft T8 Light

The tank is planted with 2 big pieces of spider wood (so plenty of hiding places for them)

Water Quality:

Temperature 28c

pH 7.3

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5

I dose with Flourish Excel daily and Flourish Weekly

I do 20% water changes every 2nd day or 3rd day if busy (with seachem prime added)

I've attached a photo of the fish, can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Capture.GIF

Edited by BGK2

Just another observation, just underneath the front part of his dorsal fin it seems like he is losing color there? (Like a tiny white patch, which is really really faint so not 100% sure). You can sort of see if from this photo.

Any help will be great guys...

Please help someone.

I understand that the earlier I can treat him/her the higher the chance it has of survival.

So I would really appreciate if someone would give me some advice really soon.

I have a 3gal hospital tank that I can transfer him/her to (although I only bought it not long ago, will he/she survive another move to another tank? as I understand they are pretty sensitive to water conditions etc)?

I also have some wunder tonic and tonic salt if those are the right treatment for it.

To me it actually looks like the tail is missing in that photo rather than being clamped.  There is also a pink area in front of the tail fin.  

They are sensitive to water conditions, they also like a peaceful tank which your current tank is not with clown loach and rainbow fish in it.  

I would move it - just match the water conditions or transfer some of the tank water over to the hospital tank.  Try salt to see if that helps.  To know what the right treatment is is very difficult for anyone who hasn't actually seen the fish to recommend.