Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is this algae or is something wrong!!

Featured Replies

I've kept plecos with Goldfish before and bristlenose in a cold water tank before ('cold water' being no less than 20 degrees C though). You probably would be better off with the Oto for a tank of your size though (What are the actual dimensions of it?)

I've got Ottos in a tank with a heap of swordtails and guppies, and a couple in with standard B/Nose's, loaches of all sorts, rams and angels and i've never seen an Otto suck on another fish, i had a couple of Borneo Suckers in with goldfish and they caused no problems, hardly ever saw them LOL. I like the fancy plecs (working on a deal for Peppermint's x2 and Goldy's x2 hoping to swap for a few Golden Blackeyed Ancistrus. Hollywood Fishfarm have a Goldy about 70mm long for just under $100. The only prob i have found is there are to many different types of Plecos, Loaches and basically all fish, so will be building a huge garage/fishroom when i win lotto this weekend, of course will have to stop work to look after them :wink: 8) :D

Casper, have you chequed your phosphate in the tank? Phosphate is fertileser for algae, I am talking from experience!

My Gold Boy

fishies.jpg

My Gold Girl

Fish025.jpg

Another batch of eggs hatched Sunday but he hasn't let them out yet, had a couple try to swim around but they are 97% egg 3% tail so swimming is near impossible. Should be out free swimming in a couple of days, need another tank for a grow out tank.

Mind you seems you always need another tank "just one more" LOL

Good luck with the lottery Snowman...how many tanks do you have?

I will ask in the catfish section...see if anyone there knows about dwarf pleco's.

Hummingbird, my tank is 20" long, 10" wide, 12" deep...only small, darn!

ej...the only test kits I have so far are for ammoninia & pH...that's all I could find here.

I dare say with only the 2 places that sell fish here...I might not have much of a variety in what I can get for algae, will check with pet store tomorrow and check to see if department store have fixed their problems and if they have any fish in!

I've only got 3 tanks,3ft ,4ft , Aqua One 850, could easily fill twice as many or more, if your looking for test kits etc you may have more luck buying them on-line, must be a few sites selling aquatic products, even lil ole NZ has a few on-line stores, Trade Me (new & used products on-line auction is very popular).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.