Algae Lawn?

Aqua

Fixed :) That was quick critter_guy!!

Also - this is growing on the top of the driftwood I have in the tank... Right up at the top of the tank - it waves in the current and everything, the guppies seem to like picking at it, and at times I see the bristlenoses playing lawnmower... :lol:

Hehe I know the feeling Ballistic!!

I think the 'lawn' came with the wood (bought from Jansens Mt Albert from their sunk-wood tank/container-type-thing) ... I think it's going to go soon though, as I've just bought some Flourish Excel... Going to be hard to dose correctly though, as I need to add 1.5mL daily (I worked it out earlier...)!!

Anybody know where to obtain syringe-type things without raising eyebrows and being interrogated?? :lol:

Aqua - are you sure 1.5ml is right? If you are going to be double dosing (to get rid of algae) it must be a very small tank! What size in litres is it?

BTW the top of the container is 5mls so you should be able to use that to measure with.

Your LFS would probably have a 1ml measuring thingi - something like the one you use to get the water to test your PH etc.

Hi Aqua

yes, you algae lawn on DW looks nice. i am not to discourage you but i have given up on my Algae lawn DW some time ago.

i too took up a piece from Hollywood and it grow a beautiful green (more like a luminious green). but i am having some much problems with algae that i have not choice but to take it away. Yes, i kill my algaes lawn (can someone suit me!!!).

all the best in your algae lawn.