Keeping kokapu indoors help.

Gbangr

Hey a few years back i tried keeping banded kokapu in a 600ish litre indoor pond in my garage i had around 5 and they all devaloped a fungal infection and died realy quickly. I realy want to try and keep them again but not until i know what i did wrong and any secrets to keeping them happy. Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers

Sounds like it was too warm, native fish stress at temperatures over about 18-20 degrees. Chillers are generally required although bottles of ice can be helpful.

Older fish (especially bandeds) usually don't adjust well, generally fish caught under 10cm are alright.

Make sure they can't jump out, any other questions just ask :)

Sweet thats good to know do the chillers have a thermostat u set them to like a heater and would you be better off getting your water from the river rather that using water ager and tap water? Also do you feed them everyday with a range of food or every couple of days?

Yes, just set the temperature and the chiller will kick in when the water hits that temp. Although they are much more expensive than heaters.

Water is the same as all fish as long as they've adjusted to the parameters.

Feeding can be anything from once a week to everyday. They can be fed bugs, raw shrimp/prawn, animal heart and high protein fish food. Not all fish will accept commercial foods and most will take awhile to adjust.