Temperature Regulation Help Needed

KiwiGal77

My tank is going from around 24 degrees to 28 degrees throughout the course of the day. I currently only have cory in there, and know they definitely prefer lower temps so I'm a bit worried. The room gets so hot on warm days - second story, metal roof and sun all afternoon - even with curtains closed and windows/door open.

Is there anything I can do help stabilise the temp and stop it rising so much?? I've read people float bags of ice or frozen water bottles in the aquarium, is that a safe option?

Beerfridge, drill two holes in it. Make a spiral inside the fridge (max surface area) out of hose, add a pump somewhere in the line and suck the water from the tank through the spiral in the fridge back into the tank.

Cheers,

JaSa

It is difficult if the room temp is high. Frozen bottles of water (I used to use 3L juice containers as they take longer to defrost) or Slikka pads work well.

You could also try putting polystyrene around the tank if you are not home during the day.

Aim a fan to blow across the water surface

Turn any lighting off.