Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tropheus Aggression

Featured Replies

Im told tropheus are aggressive fish but that applies to all rift lake fish. I have a 400l tank of mainly male peacocks and Tanganyikans such as Julidochromis and Lamprologus, will a Tropheus Moorli be too aggressive in there on his own?

Trophs are better kept in groups of 10 or more. I have heard of people keeping them as a single fish in mixed tanks but have never tried. It's one of those you won't know tilll you try situations. Make sure you are feeding appropriate food for the troph such as NLS.

I keep a single pair of Tropheus moorii firefoxes with a group of Malawians with no issues. I also have a few spare male firefoxes residing in various tanks 1200.600.300.

I have never kept dubs so cant comment on them. If you want to try a firefox I have youngsters coming up.

usually they are aggro to their own kind (con specific aggressive) and generally leave other species alone as long as they have their own kind to chase/dominate. they do chase other species but never seem to actually go through with fighting and causing damage.

Personally, with my experience if i wanted to keep one with those fish i'd give it a go and see how it went. The moorri, like pemba have the down facing mouth and i've noticed they don't do any where near as much damage as duboisi which have the forward facing mouth so when my pemba are fighting limited damage is caused.

I keep a single pair of Tropheus moorii firefoxes with a group of Malawians with no issues.

just a question, aren't firefox "Tropheus sp. Red" rather than moorri firefox?

  • 11 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.