help with poor rainbow shark

Fish Frenzy

just rescued a little rainbow shark from my terrible fish keeping friend... whenever I go to her house there are always dead fish around... a few weeks back she asked me about this fish she had that was looking kinda sick and I was on internet for an hour trying to find the cause of sickness...found it might be swim bladder and told her to get some meds at the fish store. Just went to her house again and found the poor rainbow shark still in same state... friend had aparently not had enough time to go get medication... god... even aer 2 + 1/2 weeks. So, she finally gave in after throsing a hissy fit when I told her I should take the fish, heal it and then give it back to her in a weeks time. Truth is she doesn't really like/know much about fish... not even what ph or ammonia is... :facepalm: why have fish in the first place.... so anyways I'm here with this rainbow shark in very poor state but is actually swimming around and may be hungry... should I put ehre in my 200l? It is currently being treated with furan 2 (only been one dose so far). I also have 20l i could put here in but that needs cleaning and im not sure if the heater still works. ?? suggestions? Currently floating in plastic bag in my 200l.

Trying to post pics using photobucket (first time!) not sure if ti works but here we http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/chubb ... d.jpg.html

yeah she only feeds fish flakes as her other fish are all non-bottom fish- gouramis/tetra/guppies all in only a 20l! Also have another rainbow shark (this one is very healthy though) which she bought together. Think it might be harassing this one. Is it ok if I keep this one in my 200l for one night or two, so I can set up the 20l for her?

Furan is an antibiotic. It won't harm the shark but the shark will build up resistance to it. However, the disease that is in the tank may be picked up by the shark in its weakened condition.

Two sharks in a tank is a no no. Mass sharks will spread the aggression. Being chased is not the issue here - that is definitely worms, I have seen it many times before.

They mostly clean up leftover food so while flake will work, there would need to have been enough left over. They also graze on algae. Bloodworms if feed should be in small quantities (like 2-3) at any one time.