Bully tank size

BennyBoynz

Hi I am thinking of trying my hand at keeping bullies after going bully hunting with silverdollarboy.What tank size would I need for a common bully or 2?

Depends on gender, if you got a mating pair then you could probably keep them anywhere higher than a 40-60L tank while they're smaller (5-6cm), once they're bigger probably anywhere upwards of 120L.

I'm possibly being a bit generous in tank sizes (but there's never any harm in giving them that extra space)

What if I only had females?

I'm not sure, I know males will be reasonably territorial, but females probably to a lesser degree. I'd recommend reading Stella's native aquarium book if you get a chance at some point - that would probably give you the information you need.

However I think probably a >40L tank would be fine for a pair of females.

Also - are you planning on trying to breed them if you get a mating pair?

I'm not sure, I know males will be reasonably territorial, but females probably to a lesser degree. I'd recommend reading Stella's native aquarium book if you get a chance at some point - that would probably give you the information you need.

However I think probably a >40L tank would be fine for a pair of females.

Also - are you planning on trying to breed them if you get a mating pair?

Thanks,I'm probably not going to breed them.

Depends on gender, if you got a mating pair then you could probably keep them anywhere higher than a 40-60L tank while they're smaller (5-6cm), once they're bigger probably anywhere upwards of 120L.

I'm possibly being a bit generous in tank sizes (but there's never any harm in giving them that extra space)

40 - 60 should do for a pair or four (one male and two or three females) if there is good caves/rocks etc