Baby leopard Gecko breeding rack

Hi all,

Thinking of setting up a breeding rack for my hatchling leopard geckos and wondering who has already done this and where they got their equipment from?

Would require the rack, cartons for baby leopard gecko, heat tape (or mats?), thermostats.

Tanks seem to be a hassle as with many babies its harder to know whos eating and harder for them to find food, also a higher chance of 'disagreements'.

Cheers guys

I have done a similar but different thing. I built a cupboard heated with a ceramic heater on a thermostat and a fan blowing over the heater continuously to even out the temperature and give fresh air, there are two racks of plastic draws, each containing 5 draws and one lot divided in half. The system will hold 10 small and 5 larger babies and each separated.

Ok nice, sounds like an interesting setup man, does the one ceramic heater provide sufficiant heat for two racks? Where did you get the plastic cartons from? Couldnt see any good ones at the warehouse.

Would you be able to post a photo of the setup?

Cheers

I would say so :iag:

Very nicely done breeding rack man.

So is that using heat tape?

Though wouldn't the poly hides be difficult to maintain humidity? I just use a small kapati icecream container with a pressed layer of sphagnum moss, similar to adults.

Also do you have the 'proper' plastic mealworm dishes like overseas breeders? I mainly use just old mealworm pottle lids as they find the worms easier.

Yep heat tape from incubator warehouse.

Poly hides are dry, the geckos seem to like basking under that, the container next to them is full of sphagnum moss and is where they are currently brumating.

I don't use mealworms. Had nothing but trouble when use to feed them to beardies.

Crickets 2-3times a week when active. So far so good.

p.s for young geckos I'll probably use the smaller tubs down the bottom. Same principles though.