Stupid heaters

aaron11

You were lucky to have store credit for fish.

The shop only replace the faulty heater and don't want to compensate me for the loss of dead fish even though I brought the bag of dead fish to show them.

Under the consumer guaranties act if a device malfunctions in a way that is unexpected (eg. not from wear and tear) the store must replace the device and any damage it caused because it malfunctioned. eg. dead fish.

I believe the store can then get reimbursed by the supplier and in the end manufacturer but not sure about this part.

so the good heaters go bung too huh !

of course, there probably isn't a product on the planet that has never had a failure. It's just some products have very few failures (Jager) and some products commonly or mostly fail long before they should (jebo). All heaters will fail eventually, it's just when and what they achieve when they do.

Could bang one of these things in for $60.

Set it's maximum temperature to slightly higher than what the attached heater is running at (IE 27 degrees, actual temp in tank is ~25), that way you'd have to experience a double failure to cook any fish.

Under the consumer guaranties act if a device malfunctions in a way that is unexpected (eg. not from wear and tear) the store must replace the device and any damage it caused because it malfunctioned. eg. dead fish.

I believe the store can then get reimbursed by the supplier and in the end manufacturer but not sure about this part.

some time it depend on how you place your heat.. I find that heat give off constant heat when place direct against current flow..

my 300w Aqua one at $20 last 6-12months

jebo, and jager secondhand still going for many years now..

some time it depend on how you place your heat.. I find that heat give off constant heat when place direct against current flow..

my 300w Aqua one at $20 last 6-12months

jebo, and jager secondhand still going for many years now..[/quot

Where should I put them thanks

For them to work the best your tank should have enough circulation so all the water is the same temp. This will make your tank an even temp but no flow won't harm your heater, it will just shut off before the entire tank is at the set temp

Some people say you should have the heater at an angle or horizontal so the warmed water isn't convecting over the heater leading to false readings. But IMO as long as you have even the slightest current it's not significant compared to putting it somewhere convenient and hidden.

Some people say you should have the heater at an angle or horizontal so the warmed water isn't convecting over the heater leading to false readings. But IMO as long as you have even the slightest current it's not significant compared to putting it somewhere convenient and hidden.

i have 2 jagers verticle and 1 horizontal and they all keep the tank at the desired temp. I only put my 300W horizontal as my tank is only 450mm tall and the heater is about 500mm long.

i have 2 jagers verticle and 1 horizontal and they all keep the tank at the desired temp. I only put my 300W horizontal as my tank is only 450mm tall and the heater is about 500mm long.

Bloody thing was up a bit high again ive turned it down.. it was just at the end of the normal green mark (higest)

I will have a look and see if I got my recepit

Then ill ask HHFF nicly if I can change it for a jager when I can afford to in the next few weeks

OR SHOULD I SWAP IT FOR ANOTHER JEBO until I can afford the jager I wouldnt mind having a good spare

Bloody thing was up a bit high again ive turned it down.. it was just at the end of the normal green mark (higest)

I will have a look and see if I got my recepit

Then ill ask HHFF nicly if I can change it for a jager when I can afford to in the next few weeks

OR SHOULD I SWAP IT FOR ANOTHER JEBO until I can afford the jager I wouldnt mind having a good spare

There is no such thing as a "good" Jebo heater I would just ditch it altogether and get a Jager, I am sure you could borrow a heater if the Jager happened to die on you but that is quite unlikely..

Haha I though they looked better than the aqua one heaters Ive had

mind you never had one of them fail just get condensation inside them

Im wondering if its from the flow of the external filter the filter is quiet stong for a 90lt tank

its either swap it until I can get another one or put up with it and hope for the best until I have the money for the rest for the jager if they will let me swap

SO would be better to take the jebo back get another one and then get the jager when I can afford it

I have 2 other tanks with aqua one heaters in them :facepalm:

a jager will fix it :)

i learnt that lesson early on, had a few jebos and they are junk. inaccurate temps, tank ranged about 4 degrees under and over the desired temp and between 12 and 18 months they all failed. Bought jagers, possibly 5 years ago now and not had an issue since and the tank stays about 1 degree to what you set them at, never much over if any.

Got a Jager on sunday 62 dollars on sale

If failed and locked on my poor fish it was up to 31 they are ok thou took it back today and got another one