Clown Loach sick

Luke*

Hey I've got this large clown recently and unfortunately he's covered in what looks like white slime, has rapid breathing, and his tail seems to have a few sores on it. Any urgent help/medication ideas appreciated.

have you used any treatments in the tank? Loaches dont have scales and are very senstitive to treatments, which can burn their skin, which makes them look like they have a white slime. Do a good water change, add something to remove any chlorine or chemicals in the water too. Something like Melafix would probably help too.

good luck

plecs

Hey Plecs thanks for the advice, it died last night unfortunately. Sux as was the biggest one i'd ever see in real life. Could've been old age. I tried a little salt and methylene blue/malkon as a last resort but was too far gone. Also did 50% water change the day before it died. Oh well happens aye.

Whoa that's a good stretch, i'd like a 6 ft+ tank to do that with some of them in. This one was a good 15cm altho I didn't measure it exactly. It's cool how thick/high their bodies get. Sigh i've learned my lesson about getting a fish out of tank in which others don't look so good.