April 20, 201412 yr comment_549124 Hi I've got a potential ich issue (seeing some flashing but no external signs, everyone seems to be happy and normal otherwise) so looking to add some salt and raise the temp for a fortnight just in case, without out using random medications as such I've got a fire eel, black ghost, angelicus loaches and a pictus, all of which I think come under the scaleless title; has any one treated these fish with salt and higher temps before? Good? Bad? Looking to do a teaspoon every 40 litres or so (approx one every 10 gallons) and raise the temp slowly up to ~30 degrees from the 26 it is now. Conversely, would dosing with salt for a longer period of time and raising the temp say to 28 be a better option? Report
April 20, 201412 yr comment_549127 I kept temp the same, dosed white spot cure/tonic, removed carbon and did the epsom salts. Ich gone within a few days. This was with pictus. But should apply for all yours too. Report
April 22, 201412 yr Author comment_549172 Do you remember which cure/tonic you used? I know some are to be avoided with scaleless fish Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.