Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

led question

Featured Replies

hi everyone

I have a 100 gallon, 450l planted tank which is 60cm deep and want to create an led system capable of growing medium light plants. what I would like to know is what is required for making led an system (links would be appreciated)and just general tips/suggestions or alternative options. thanks in advance

  • Author

thanks for that what plants are you growing under it and how deep is your tank? I only ask as I couldn't find any real information on it.

thanks for that what plants are you growing under it and how deep is your tank? I only ask as I couldn't find any real information on it.

I bought it for my reef tank, the LEDs are dimmable so you can adjust the intensity.

I am only running at about 60% of the lights.

The tank size is W80 x H55 x D38

otherwise what would a good diy kit be? I can solder and so don't mind I just want to get the best bang for my buck

I trawled through lots of forums and shops and found this to be the best bang for buck.

The whole unit in housed in a full aluminium casing to disperse the heat.

The material alone is well worth the money, you will not get any more better value.

There are a lot of good pre-made items on aliexpress or ebay.

The one from Aliexpress looks quite good. You will need at least 2 to cover your tank, more likely 3.

Otherwise a good DIY kit you can find at http://www.rapidled.com/90g-tank/. I would recommend not buying a heatsink from them and getting one local, as this inflates the shipping significantly.

I would get dimmable if given the option.

  • Author

ok cool thanks. [email protected] what light were you referring too? Thanks kinnadian that's happened to be one of the sites I was looking at. Another site I was looking at was0

http://www.aquastyleonline.com/categori ... oller-kit/

http://www.aquastyleonline.com/categori ... rless-kit/

http://www.aquastyleonline.com/categori ... oller-kit/

has anyone tried these or have any opinions? also were would I get a heat sink from? thanks again

when you say led tiles do you mean led spotlights? if not could you please clarify? thanks

Imagine the suspended square halides that people used to use, but with heaps of high powered LEDs in various colours etc..

Otherwise if you want strip lighting look to see if Amazon will ship a finnex planted+ in the length you need, great value and much better than Beamswork units

http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-FugeRay-Pl ... B00GH9HSC6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.