Does any have some spare eggs

christian

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone around here has any Killie fish eggs. I would like to give them a try Ive seen pictures of these guys before and that is about as far as I have got. So if anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thanks again from

Chris

Thanks for that alanmin.

I not to worried on what species Matt_man just would like to give them and try and being up in Kerikeri it always hard to source live fish. Plus I don't trust couriers with live fish as the last few fish I had sent all died..... :an!gry I lost 6 blue diamond discus in one lot and a Bangai Cardinal in another. I was told that Killie's use to be posted to New Zealand from overseas in envelopes back in the day so thought I would see if anyone in NZ would mind posting some for me to try. I will pay for postage and the eggs. Just I haven't breed killies before and would like to tick it of my list of breeding's as they sound interesting.

I'm closing down my marine system and getting back to fresh water tropical at the moment I'm only doing guppies and kribensis, so something else would be nice.

Cheers from

Chris :spop:

It get warmer the further north the eggs get sent :bggrn: just kidding. just like to have a try with some Alan that's all. I'm no expert on killie's yet lol

ej That's crazy $7000.00 ? did you get caught doing the illegal thing? or is this what you do importing ? $7000.00 sounds really extreme either that or you have an amazing setup with millions of fish I was just referring to the good old days when they use to come to NZ via post with no worry's of MAF etc.

I was send eggs from my friends in Denmark and Sweden, amongst them were Austrolibias Nigripinnisis they had been in NZ previously, but was not looked after and the species was lost, I did it to resettable them, the rest is history!

Thats cool ej I hear you. Im a bit like you I like to share the hobby and encourage more people to keep fish. Id like to cover my cost but that never happens if you know what I mean. I normally give plenty away. Is the species you brought in still going strong?

Unfortunately, I beleive the species has gone to the fisheaven, over the time I did get eggs from another three or four specieses.

When I was active, I had more than ten different speices, but the slam I got back then, did stop my interest in keeping killies, some memberes of the NZKA even surgested at the time I should resign from NZKA, and you know those members did get both eggs and fish from me.

That sucks ej. Hope you get back into it bud,

Don't let it take you down we all only live a short life and we should try and make the most of it, and work together. The money thing always sucks I Know we all seem to keep feeding the big fish at the top Like MAF and the Government just so we can enjoy our hobby. But hopefully things in time will get a bit easier. Maybe vote The Internet party lol.

Are you keeping any fish at all these days ?