multi coloured axos

chopper

Awesome cheers for posting the photo sanitychelle, I still can't seem to upload the other one but this pic gives the same idea. If they are dye injected its quite disturbing ( they could be dipped also but I doubt it as this would result in almost certain death for an amphibian as it strips slime coat then replaces it with dye). I don't like these fake fish let alone axolotls. They have however genetically modified axolotls using a fluorescent protein originally found in jellyfish. These glow green under UV light and you can buy them for your aquarium but not in nz. Here are some on YouTube

► 2:54► 2:54

There were orange zebra danios with the same genetic modification released by MPI because they will not employ people who know about fish. They seem to think that a good knowledge of horses will be good enough. They will still be out there as well but it amazes me how many people think they are cute. Now and again some idiot tries to sell them on trademe.