Mystery black spot marks in tank!

SanityChelle

photdtsdgdsgsdo_zps7a60c9dc.jpg

I've tried a few of the facebook groups, but noone seems to know what this is and what's causing it. It started to appear on the rocks of the tank a week or so ago, and I've just noticed it appearing on a few of the plants closest to the rocks as well. It's not slimey, and it's not fluffy like BBA, it just looks like someone has been dotting things with a black felt tip pen.

I was thinking of scrubbing it off (was hoping not to as my hillstream likes the green spot algae), but now that's it on the plants, I'm super worried.

photo-3_zps9708660c.jpg

This is my tank at the moment. It's 38L, I do a full bucket water change and gravel vac every week, and dose a quarter of a teaspoon of excel every few days (I got told today that I need normal flourish as well). The lights are on for 5 and a half hours a day.

Actually just remembered a week ago I swapped my carbon out for bio media instead. Could this have any affect at all? Serious help is needed, especially now that it's on the plants too.