Aquanano 40 Reef Log

Morcs

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diatoms are starting to recede. helped it along with a toothbrush. Nitrates are staying around 10ppm currently which is good, and i managed to get my skimmer skimming - wet, but the weak tea like skimmate that it should produce.

Change substrate to coral sand today. Now i had all my rock out sitting on a towel for 5 mins tops - this will be ok i take it? i would hate to have to re-cycle...

IMG_20140409_191711.jpg

IMG_20140409_183617.jpg

I think your skimmer is running way to wet. looks more like lemonade :sml2:

I get this color from my skimmer...

19269020-3C4B-47A8-A805-B3BA61808A8B_zpsx7sdssl6.jpg

Other than that your tank is coming alone nicely. very clean.

You could run into problems when your shrimp gets bigger in such a small tank. It will most likely have a go at your fish so make sure you keep it fed.

I think your skimmer is running way to wet. looks more like lemonade :sml2:

I get this color from my skimmer..

Other than that your tank is coming alone nicely. very clean.

You could run into problems when your shrimp gets bigger in such a small tank. It will most likely have a go at your fish so make sure you keep it fed.

Cheers. These skimmers aren't very effective to run dry, this is the best I can get it to run!

Shrimp should be OK, clowns are growing quickly and I think my stocking will end there as I'll start picking up a few frags. I now appreciate the colours under blue lighting too, amazing, like the ZOA's are glowing in the dark!

Also is that aiptasia on the top of the zoas?

Leaving it alone for a few weeks to see how everything survives / grows before I add more!

New skimmer on the way, a bubble magus qq which should fit with some slight modification, nitrates are hanging around 20ppm even with lighter feeding and larger (20%) weekly water changes

Corraline should start growing soon too

• 2 weeks later...
Got a scare the other day. Came home to find what i thought was my coral banded shrimp eaten by my powerhead...

Luckily it was just its first molt :0

Great looking tank there, thank goodness about the shrimp that wouldve been a *phew moment!! :happy2:

Going through another diatom bloom as a siphoned my sand bed a bit too vigorously last week :(

After the weekend will have no lights until my Coral Box M1-30 arrives from fish street :(

At least everything is filling out a bit better and Corraline starting to appear everywhere :)

Will do pic updates when i have both the new skimmer and light running!