Plant ID & DIY CO2 question

Taichop

So I got a whole lot of plant cuttings and I was wondering if anyone can help me work out what these two are?

This one is quite fuzzy with jagged edges

1545552_650456898347234_1337464374_n.jpg

I had a hard time getting a good photo of this (I'm pretty sure I planted it wrong too :P ) it's the thin purple plant with small round leaves.

1656309_650456941680563_2095428785_n.jpg

Also, I have a DIY CO2 setup with the airline going straight from my culture to my filter pump but I end up having lots of bubbles sometimes and other times there will be almost no sign of any CO2, is this going to cause problems? What are some things I can do to help regulate the amount of CO2 entering my tank?

Thanks in advance :)

- Megs

that is maintrouble of diy co2 u cant controll it properly ..still u can get a air controll tap on ur tubing and allow little co2 to go to ur pump rather than leting all gas goin straight to ur tank..also don forget to turn it off in night

I agree with the first one, second is emersed also--could be hydocotyle or cardamine lyrata--more likely the latter going by where the stalk meets the leaf.

You cannot control diy CO2 and if you try to restrict the flow it could blow up so you have to just divert it to waste. Cylinder is best.

• 1 month later...

If you are going to go down the pressurised CO2 path I would recommend you spend a few more $ and buy 'proper' aquarium plants. A lot of stem plants are grown emmersed and struggle to convert to submersed, if at all. Of course you will need decent lights and fertilisers- its really if you are going to CO2 then you need to do it 100%.