55L Tank, How to set up for Whistling tree Frog

TmanNZ

I recently acquired another 55L rectangular which is 45cmX30cmX30cm (it was a bargain for $2). Anyway, I want to have a go at keeping frogs, I think Brown Tree Frogs are the way to go as they're small, but These frogs require an arboreal tank, is it possible to use a rectangle tank for this? I also want to make a small stream that cycles along the front of the glass that's only going to be about 2cm wide and 1cm-2cm deep.

My Questions Are:

1. What are the best plants?

2. What is the best substrate for mosses and plants?

3. How to go about creating a stream? I've got a 240v submersible fountain pump by Peaktop, that's extremely small for it's power, it's about 3cm square.

- where do you get your frogs from ? (tadpoles or adult frogs from the wild ?)

- your tank has definitely not enough height

- don't forget, by the time you put substrate, plants, a small stream (??), a small log to hide under in the tank there is even less space available

again, in my opinion, your tank is too small for frogs

(and yes, I am against catching adult frogs in the wild to put them in jail, get some tadpoles, let them morph, they wont know anything else than tank life)

I was planning On buying tadpoles from LFS, thank's for stating that when substrate is in there is even less space, I agree and didn't think that far? Are there any amphibians that would benefit from a half land, half water setup which my tank could hold?

They are kind of rare in NZ. Show up occasionally on Trademe but are typically $40 each.

My girlfriend has some and honestly they are boring. Never do much. just lounge around.

How old are your GFs newts? What kind of set up are they in? Mine are active in & out of water. Most of the day they lay around but at night they go hunting and explore their enclosure im always changing it around so THEY don't get bored.

How old are your GFs newts? What kind of set up are they in? Mine are active in & out of water. Most of the day they lay around but at night they go hunting and explore their enclosure im always changing it around so THEY don't get bored.

Two are 2 years old and 2 are 1 year old.

It's nearly entirely aquatic with a large rock and a piece of wood sitting in the water, probably 90% aquatic. We have it moderately planted with some minnows. Keep temperature below 21. It's a 200L tank so no shortage of places to go but they simply don't.

We change it every month or so but they spend all day sitting on the rock or the wood. Even if we put them in the water they will swim onto the rock, wood or a floating plant.