White spots on small pearl oranda

gwenami

We got a small pearl oranda last week from Redwood Aquatics in Christchurch.

A few days ago I noticed a white spot appear on one of her tail fins, and one of her pelvic fins.

They are definitely larger today than they were the first day I spotted them, although they never looked like "grains of salt" commonly associated with Ick.

Today, her pelvic fin is starting to show red streaks.

Any idea on whether this is Ick? Or am I looking at a bacterial infection? Upon some googling, I'm wondering if I should also be testing the hardiness of my water, because if the water is too soft, it can open my fish up to lower immunity against bacterial infections and the like.

Tried to get a picture of her, but she won't keep still enough for a good image. She doesn't seem to be in any distress, no glancing off anything or clamped fins.

Woke up this morning and they've fallen off...but her pelvic fin has a small hole where the spot was (although the red streaks have gone down) and her tail fin has a very small corner out of it where the spot was (it was right on the end of her tail).

Surely that's not normal?