Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New look for my tank

Featured Replies

Hey Everyone, I havn't been around for quite some time. Been quite a busy year for me. I moved to the Auckland from Warkworth a year ago, but wasn't able to take my tank with me. Thankfully my brother fed my fish, and I occasionally checked up on it.

So basically the tank has been neglected for a year, but now i have moved into a place together with my partner and was finally able to migrate my fish to Auckland :thup:

It took me a day, but i managed to do it with only one hiccup... filling the tank with hot water from the tap. I had the garden hose plumbed into the taps in the laundry. Seems the taps are on the wrong way! Which also explains why my washing used to come out of the machine hot! Anyway...

Here's a few photos of my former Moss factory.

IMG-20140118-WA0001_zpsa97983d1.jpg

IMG-20140118-WA0005_zps3d1d56af.jpg

20140119_082239_zpsec42d15a.jpg

P1140688_zps4bb44a2c.jpg

P1140694_zps8f3e920f.jpg

Now I just need to wait and be patient and let the plants settle and grow. Hopefully they dont all die off!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Nick

  • Author

Hi Adrienne, I picked that one up from Ronnie yesterday along with 2 nigrans rainbows. I wouldn't mind finding a second parkinson's to make a couple. This one definitely has plenty of colour.

I have five from the first lot in to the country - all the ones that have come in have been males. They are flourescent orange and around the 9cm mark. Mine fight constantly with one now having a permanently damaged pop eye. They are not the only rainbows I have so the tank is pretty active.

I am thinking of selling up all my tropicals and tanks etc so if I do I will give you a yell.

  • Author

Oh sorry to hear that you are thinking of doing that. But yes if and when that time comes, I would be very interested in seeing what you have available. Really love the rainbows. Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.