Auto top up from the RO unit??

Sally J

Does anyone know how I can have an auto top up for my RO water into my sump...I am running the risk of burning out my skimmer as I sometimes forget to add a bucket of or water a day to replenish the evaporation. Need something like a float switch....thanks! Don't want to spend too much!!

Does anyone know how I can have an auto top up for my RO water into my sump...I am running the risk of burning out my skimmer as I sometimes forget to add a bucket of or water a day to replenish the evaporation. Need something like a float switch....thanks! Don't want to spend too much!!

Easiest would be probably to buy something like this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/f ... 433283.htm

Mine I made using a float switch, connected to a relay that switched on an air pump. The air pump pumped air into a 25L container of water which pushed the water out into my sump. Worked pretty well, but I had to DIY it.