Live Blood Worms

ss_boy86

i was getting some mosquito larvae out of my tanks outside and i found a bloodworm, not sure where it came from or how they breed etc,

anyone know much about culturing live bloodworms?

Where it came from? Well, when a boy midge and a girl midge...

chironomus_zealandicus__common_midge-2.JPG

really love each other they give each other a special hug and then lay eggs in water...

5QT01QHSUQZSVQOKUQCKVQZSAQAK8KOKNQRS9QY01QHS9QRSBQHS2Q9KGQT04Q30VQCKVQHSVQCKXK.jpg

Which then hatch into bloodworms...

worm.jpg

And then you feed their babies to your fish.

(Hopefully those pics worked)

Ok, edited again because the egg cluster pic wasn't working, maybe the new pic will. I've seen egg clusters like that before, didn't know they were midge eggs.

So, I actually learned something while making a smartass comment. :slfg:

but the one that is in every garden in NZ is Camellia japonica not the tea one which is Camellia sinensis

pretty sure garden centres sell sinensis ... I know they sell a lot more than just japonica ... the tree and shrub nursery I use to work at would of had over a dozen varieties (all looked similar to me ha). pretty sure sinensis was one though as it rings a bell.

looks like a standard garden variety http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/ou ... 962823.htm

lol Ira