Tips on keeping fresh water crayfish?

WillskE

Just got my hands on a few fresh water crayfish that was meant to be lunch..but i couldn't bare to eat them so i want to keep these guys but i have zero experience in keeping nz natives so any help would be great.

So what i gather from google is that temperature range is 16 - 20c?

ph of 7ish with hard water would that be correct?

Being summer time few of my non heated tanks are having temperatures of 20 - 23c would that be too much? without having to get a chiller would i need to be dropping ice blocks to cool them?

these guys survived no water and 4 days chilled in a fridge and still going strong feels that they are rather tough.

You have the temp range about right for their max.

A desk fan pointing down on to the surface of the tank may/should keep the water cool the just add a frozen bottle of water if it gets too hot - works well.

They can be quite territorial, will rescape the tank, will try and escape and can be either shy or bold. The one on my 430 l tank is only seen about once a week or less.

Give then lots of hiding places (that they can't collapse on themselves) and feed sinking pellets and greens.