Maxspect Razor LED R420R lighting

91 ZERO

I have pretty much had a gutsful of the original lighting system in our 275L cube marine tank.

I've never been overly happy with them after seeing some pretty amazing lighting systems out there, and seeing how much better corals respond with better set ups. All our corals are growing so I have just left it, but I have grown tired of replacing the tubes (uses 4 x T5 fluoros), not to mention one has a slightly cracked contact so that particular bulb will either flicker or not be at full brightness.

So I'm looking at replacement options, I'd like to go down the LED route, without going too fancy.

Has anyone used this particular model I am looking at? Will this be a good upgrade?

Maxspect Razor LED 160W 27" 16,000k R420R model

http://www.maxspect.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=21

Thanks

Kris

Yeah most places selling them for USD$509 plus shipping. There is one on TM for $899, so will still be a heap cheaper ordering in from the US if this is indeed suitable?

Hmmm, Actually $899 is a good price. About $781 NZ pre GST, that's about $650 US. I just plugged an estimate of the package's details into UPS's website and came out with $250 US shipping. So at that price you'd have to get the lights for $400us to break even.

I have two of these units over my 650L tank and they are great. Great colours and everything has come through the acclimatisation process, not that i have a lot in the tank at the moment. I really like the look, the lower power bills and the fact the fans only come on when they run at 100% on both channels.