Pregnant platy flashing

caro12

Hi

Have noticed that my pregnant platy has started flashing and have just noticed some if my 3 week molly fry have started too. I can not see any thing wrong with the fish. No spots or anything. My water levels are good 0,0 and 10. PH was low but have brought up with shells now sitting at about 7. 215l tank. Any suddestions. Don't want to medicate with some advise.

PH was low due to overfeeding when fry arrived. Have cut this down. Did water changes to bring up over 3 to 4 days and use prime and stability when add new water. Can't see any white spots or marks on fish. Checked water again and still 0,0 and 10 with pH 7. She is hiding today so think she maybe ready to birth soon. What are the the signs of flukes? Is there anything else I can do to improve water? Do 10% twice weekly and gravel clean once a week. Sorry to ask so many silly questions am new to fish.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi having lost any fish lately but a couple of fry. My platy still flashing maybe twice a week but some of the fry are starting too. Not very often but enough for me to notice. Can I treat for flukes if I don't know is really the problem and if so what is the best treatment. No marks or damage to skin or gills and no sign of ich or velvet. Water parameters are all good. Thanks