Update on 6ft Planted

Thunderstorm

Hiyas

as some may know im doing a 6FT planted freshwater,

Yesterday filled it with new water and let it heat over night, Put in a few plants and fish today from the 2ft. will add the rest over the next few days and all the plants need to do is grow forth and multiply :)

Heres some pics. more will come as time progress's :)

Click Here for pics then click on a pic

hi.

Thanx for the compliment :)

The fish in it are a mixture with no real theme. Kribs, danios, neons, other little tetras, a few rams, pearl gourami's, Bristlenose's, few corys, algae eaters, plan to get some SAE's if i can and whatever other fish i see in the LFS that i like but not big ones.

PLants are some crypty stuff (im not sure of the proper name) but they multiply good, some mini sag, ambulia, caboomba, and other grassy type plants.

I made the sump so i can keep cables tubes etc out of the main tank, I like the idea of better filteration with a sump as bigger surface areas for good bacteria etc. I have the heater in the sump also. And i can dose the tank, feed the fish etc from the sump also. Plus it was cheap to build even though i need to buy a quieter pump, It still worked out cheaper than a few big external filters.

The Pipes that you can see in the tank will be hidden once i have made the moss/planted wall :)

Thanx

Peter

update on the tank:

The plants are settling in well with the ambulia spurting 2-3" of growth. the others are showing new growth, Im pleased they are settling in quicker than i expected.

I found some chain swords at hollywoods (real ones) so snapped those up, been after those for ages.

My lappy got stolen on tuesday after i went out for 3 hours, got home it was gone, only the lappy and bag. Most annoying was it had the recipe for the PMDD on it with warrens adaption of it, so will need to find all that info again which shouldnt be too hard.

Fish are doing well, they love all the new open space they have, specially MR and MRS Kribby :)

Peter

Hi Thunderstorm,

I have some java moss if you would like it.. tie it to some of your driftwood to get a different affect.

Do you have any krib babies at the moment? Appear to have to females... would like to grow up four babies....

Blueram

Alan : thanx for that :) Saves a bit of looking , going to print it and keep with the tank log, Dont think they will steal that lol.

Blueram : I have 2 spare males but as they are in the big tank be harder to catch though not impossible lol, if you want them you can have them for some moss :) I will need some moss for the moss wall which is the next item on the list.

PM me if your keen :)

Thanx

Peter

• 3 months later...

Hiya

for those that are interested, heres a photo update on the 6 footer.

Will have a better designed sump arriving soon for even better filteration.

Have added a few more plants , mini sag is spreading nicely as is the chain sword and the ambulia. the crypts are slowly spreading.

All fish happy and accounted for.

Dsc00493.sized.jpg

Totally amazing :hail::hail:

The java fern pic...what are the plants called that are by it...hmm...bushy looking, sorry not a good description...but when you look at the tank as a whole looks like you have lots in the background.

"crypt not sure which kind" pic...what is the fish that's with the neon?

The java fern pic...what are the plants called that are by it...hmm...bushy looking, sorry not a good description...but when you look at the tank as a whole looks like you have lots in the background.

"crypt not sure which kind" pic...what is the fish that's with the neon?

Hiya caper, the bushy stuff is ambulia, I have nicknamed it the "noxious weed" as its taking over hte whole back of the tank, Not only does it grow new shoots from the laterals, it also is sending out runners under the sand which i thought was weird.

The fish with the neon is a male pearl gourami.

Thanx for your comments :)

Maybe its cryptocoryne thingamybobiii

hehe, sure jude, when they send new plants not sure when though they are still growing up.

Thanx for your comments too :)