My African Cichlid tank journal

Trelize

... added the rest of the substrate around the rock work so you kind of bury the rocks in to the substate in stead of sitting the rocks on top of the substrate if ya get what i mean. This also helps keep the rock work a little more stable. I've donr this with all my tanks and never had any probs with rocks resting on glass, all my tanks have been 10mm glass or over.

Yeah ,this is kinda what I was thinking so thanks , confirms my thinking's ! ... Planning on going to Stone & Water World this weekend to get me sum Paradise stone , also got a bit done on the Sump tonight

Tower filter and Sump : ( 3 x 200w heaters in bottom open section )20140103_210138_zpsszb45cme.jpg

Tower filter Sections : ( using Aqua One Premium noodles )20140103_210437_zpsfiokwj1q.jpg

Mechanical Filtration sections :

20140103_210543_zpsdvyutize.jpg

Acrylic holder for mechanical filtration :

20140103_210520_zps1tlqfnnt.jpg

After the tower filter I have 2 sections of Poret foam and then the return pump , this is as good as I can imagine or figure or guess but I do think its getting there ... :bggrn:

Finished up my Control panel today,

20140105_145041_zpsrqtltgrm.jpg

... also got the Paradise Rock (can't wait to try some different rock work ideas) and 2 bags of Black 1-2 mm marbl chip for my substrate :thup:

Hey! As far as black marble chip, is that like aragonite??? I have white limestone to buffer my pH in my african tank... will black marble chip do the same???

AWESOME set up by the way! If it wasn't so big, I would rob ya!

nice sump looks good, where did you get the baskets from for the tower filter is it a diy job?

Thanks !

I got the Baskets from Stowers Plastics near Sylvia Park , they are Stackable Crates ,

I drilled a S#%t load of Holes in the top 2 and cut the sides out the bottom one.

So yes ... DIY job but yet to find out if it works or not :fshi:

• 2 months later...
Awsome build. Hows it coming along? Any pics of current progress?

Thanks Mate :thup:

It's been going a bit slow lately , Work and life has been keeping me busy , but have finally finished the Electric's , The tank is on a Wooden floor so I decided to strengthen it before I went any further , That's happening tomorrow actually and all going to plan the plumbing will be complete by the end of the weekend then ready for some water !!!

Will get some more pics up over the next couple days :fshi:

Got the plumbing parts sorted today , I must say Big UP's to Martin from Waterworks on Marua rd, Mt Wellington , this bro was so helpful and full of ideas , I can only recommend him to anyone that is trying to figure their install out , as for myself this will be keeping me busy over the the weekend...

20140314_211717_zpswikondiu.jpg

20140314_211850_zpschcjwyyr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...