Advice with Copperband Feeding

TURSTY

Hi All,

As some of you might know, I have finally managed to find a copperband to help control the aiptasia issue I had.

I have had the fish for about 2 weeks now and it seems to have settled in nicely. It cleaned out all the feather dusters in the first two days, and was obviously feeding on pods etc. I have seen it eat an aiptasia once....but there seems to be a heck of a lot less of it around so I think its safe to say its doing its job and cleaning it out.

Now I'm a little worried that it will run out faster then I can grow more in the sump, so I have started trying to feed it a variety of food with no luck. Today I have seen it try to eat two bristle worms.....which it seemed to find out were rather spikey (had a fit and spat them out).

I've tied:

Flakes

Frozen Brine Shrimp via floating frozen cube on the surface

Frozen Brine shrimp via hand

Frozen Brine shrimp thawed in a cup of tank water and fed to the tank via a turkey baster

All of the above but with Mysis shrimp

A cracked muscle in the tank

Live hatched baby brine shrimp

The fish doesn't seem even slightly interested in any of this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other foods to try.......or is it just a matter of persistence/patience with the above foods?........or do I really need to start raising brine shrimp to adulthood, and building "Pod condo's"?

Never had a copper band but Ive had my fair share of fussy eaters.

Ive found finely chopped shrimp(I use IQF tiger shrimp when on special at Pak and Save) soaked in garlic to be the first things that my new fish went for,it may work on the CB.

I still use it a few times a week because I have a Canary Blenny that wont eat anything else and a baby Blue Tang(started eating spectrum pellet today, YUSSS!!) which is ok the other fish go CRAZY on it.

Best of luck.

RUNAS

Hi

Ive had a few.

I had one that only eat bloodworms out of my hand. Had him for 6 months as not enough nutrition and he died as bloodworms is better than nothing but lacks longterm food qualities for them.

I had another for 4-5 years which ate everything from mussel on a feeding clip, to brine shrimp out of my hand. He taught my morish idol what to eat I kid you not it was quiet amazing.

My current one of 6 months is eating fresh shrimp from countdown and ate crayfish the other day and east out of my hands.

The reason for hand feeding is they don't eat fast enough to complete with tangs let alone any other fish.

To get it start eating get live water fleas for freshwater fish (called diaphea or something similar), feed all fish hard then after 4-5 minutes add the water fleas the movement will stimulate feeding. After a week start adding adult brine shrimp that you may wish to start growing (baby brine shrimp are too small), then once the start eating the live brine shrimp feed defrosed Brine shrimp at the same time and they will work it out. It will learn you are trying to feed it.

They are hard work to start but well worth it.