Power outage

saltyfish

Anyone experience the electric outage up in Rodney ? Was out for 10 hrs and fortunately no fish deaths Longest I have experienced power being off and apparently its not uncommon up here so anyone have any tips to help fish and corals survive if theres a next time ? Didnt think anything in the tank would make it that long without heater and filter.

I grew up just outside the Rodney boundary and the power used to go out quite a bit. My parents got a backup generator because it got so bad (no aquariums, just didn't like sitting arou d in the dark with no dinner). Look into a UPS

Im in Wellington, have no power, have not had power for 49 hours and counting, still no fishtalities yet!

Ive been siphoning water out, heating it on the gas stove and putting it back in...

finally got hold of a petrol generator a few hours ago so have just hooked that up, only non essential things running off it... so heaters and such but no lighting...

ive got 6 tanks all going ok at the moment

we were out for just under 24hrs, luckily still cycling the tank so no fish in it just Mr Crab in the sump tank who appears to be ok. temp went down to just under 18 degrees.

glad to see you've got your power back now aer0