microsorium pteropus

lorenzo

hello,

i have just planted my tank and i also used microsorium pteropus that i put in the gravel. now i just read on the internet that it is possible and not possible. now is my question who has planted this plant also in the gravel and what did it do?

hello,

i have just planted my tank and i also used microsorium pteropus that i put in the gravel. now i just read on the internet that it is possible and not possible. now is my question who has planted this plant also in the gravel and what did it do?

Hello back to you Lorenzo,

are you writing from "the netherlands"? anyway, Java ferns are the beautiful plants with dark green sword shaped leaves. They are an excellent first plant for the inexperienced, or a great additional plant for even the most knowledgable aquarist.

mine is planted on the driftwood and it clink on perfectly. i have kind of left it unattended but many time it refuses to die. or was it my relentment that brought it back to live.

Ha ha.

yes plantman i am writing from the netherlands.

i know they do well on driftwood, but in thegravel i read different things so i wanna know of they do well in the gravel also. good for you that the java fern is doing wel.. mine is just planted i keep my fingers crossed that i goes well :lol:

Java Ferms propagate through the top parts of the leave (very interesting). i have planted a small piece of one leaves into the gravel about three weeks ago.

i can see new leaves developing. i wil say definately a water plant that will grow from the gravel.

you are in safe hand with java ferms.

cheers from down down under.

This plant is fine in gravel. just don't bury the roots in it. It likes its roots exposed. Anchor enough roots to hold it in place to start with and it will do well. I have also seen it attached to glass sides of a tank using a blob of silicone.