Limpets

Insectile

Anyone else have limpets in their tropical tanks? I noticed 2 or 3 big ones (by big I mean 2-3mm long max.) a week or so ago and since then a heap more have popped up. They look just like the native ones but am assuming that they aren't natives as the are living in my tropical tank? Any thoughts?

I had a few light grey ones about same size in one of my tropical tanks. They come and go it seems and don't appear to do any harm.

If you squash them on the side the fish can pick over the innards or you can count them as free pets.

My tank water doesn't seem to agree with snails too much so they never get out of hand.

Anyone else have limpets in their tropical tanks? I noticed 2 or 3 big ones (by big I mean 2-3mm long max.) a week or so ago and since then a heap more have popped up. They look just like the native ones but am assuming that they aren't natives as the are living in my tropical tank? Any thoughts?

Cool, if they don't do any damage be good to grow them up. :)

I did have some in with my guppies (nothing that tasty survives in with the natives) for ages then they just vanished with a few shells on the bottom. The native ones excrete glowing slime when disturbed or squashed.

If they arn't a native species MPI might be interested...