tex x jag... is it easy?

henward

I have a fem jag coming.

i want a tex eventually, just wondering, i dont want any parings of cichlids in the tank

how easy will it be for a 30cm jag fem and a smaller tex male pairing up? is it like a convicts situation, they just do it or is it harder than that wtih a community of predators?

i had a 6-7cm male texas, then got a 12cm fem jag from fraser. she laid eggs with the texas within a week. the eggs were fertile, but disappeared just before they hatched (suspect plecos)

for the record, after tex fertilized the eggs, he wasn't allowed anywhere near them.

why are you worried about pairing in your tank?

definitely not.

and i have found my female jag to be very tolerant and polite of fish that are bigger than her, like my bgk and pleco. i have been very surprised by her placid nature. she does not look for dominance at all. unless, of course, they can fit in her mouth...

i have two juvie texas which i am currently growing out on massivore. i plan on picking one and rehoming the other, if you want it, it is still only around 7cm though.

I had both my Jag pair and Midas pair with frys on each ends of tank, jags were not as rough as Midas pair but enough to hold themselves. I have had a pair of Texas before as well, male around 25cm, female is only 12cm they are sucks, I have to move them into other tank other they get killed even when they were guarding the frys :(