My first diy stand

leetric0

Hey guys i am in need of some help. I recently purchased a cheap 900 L x 460 W x 500 D tank that did not come with a stand.

I have made a stand out of a gaming machine base which was 700mm long. So i removed the tops of 2 bases and cut them and joined them to make the top 900mm long. The problem is i am not sure weather it will be ok as half of the top is 2mm higher than the other half. Will this be ok or will it cause a pressure point and cause my tank to crack?

Cheers Rico.

without pics i can't really envisage what your stand is like. just remember your tank is gonna weigh around quarter of a tonne, so make sure you do the stand right or it's gonna bust and that's a stink as thing to happen to you and your fish.

if you want a cheap, safe fish tank stand, make a cinderblock and timber stand. cheap as chips, no fuss, always comes out level, provided of course it's on a flat surface. having a flat, solid floor to put the stand on is quite crucial. if it has to go on carpet, i would suggest laying down planks of 6x2 for the cinder blocks to sit on.

ALWAYS put polystyrene under fish tanks!

here's a youtube vid of somerandomguy making a cinder block stand.