Tiger Lotus from seed?

SamH

Does anyone know if we can get Tiger Lotus seeds here? Starting an aquatic plant from seed interests me and I was wondering what the availablity of them here is?

Also, any tips for starting them IF I can find them?

Cheers crew.

My tiger lotus (regular and variety rubra) have flowered several times but I haven't bothered to keep the seeds. I did have a standard tiger lotus drop all its seeds in the tank and they germinated easily enough. From memory there is least one post on here about growing them from seed. They haven't flowered in a while but I can keep a seed head if they do it again.

From memory there is least one post on here about growing them from seed. They haven't flowered in a while but I can keep a seed head if they do it again.

I had a quick read through those, quite useful! That'd be great if you could spare one :hail:

I had one seed pod open in the tank and ended up with a carpet of small plants. They were choking each other and I had plenty of pups so I gravel vacced them out. They shouldn't be to hard to germinate but they might take a while to grow to full size.