New tank leaks

Hayden

:an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry So im setting up a new tank for my Tropheus and it leaks out of one of one the corners at the bottom where the to edges meet the base :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry Should I remove silicon out of the corner and redo or remove the base and re silicon or pull down the lot and redo the hole thing tank is 2000mm long -400mm wide -400mm high 12mm glass payed 400 bux for it cant believe it leaks not a happy camper :an!gry

I spoke to the builder of the tank earlier he going to re seal it next weekend he did water test it and had it running with nothing in it to test the tank and the sump at the same time witch I seen . He built it for him self but had to move and couldn't take it so I took it off his hands

awesome sized tank for trophs, you'll love it. let me know when it's set up and i'll let you know how to create territories and make it work well for the fish

Cheers man that would be sweet at the moment there in a 1600mm long - 400mm wide - 400mm high .Needed another tank anyway because my pembas are in with my malawis atm so they will go in the smaller one and the moliros can go in the bigger one

What the idea is to create territories for the males to claim. In my 2.0m tank I have three separate rock piles, what that does is spread the males apart and reduces the fighting. It also allows them time to force the females into breeding rather than constantly having to dominate his territory. I initially had rocks every where and it simply didn't work very well, once I separated the piles it became a much calmer tank and I regularly have multiple females holding.

I to had initially had rocks every where and I found it very boring as the fish where really only darting between the rocks and hiding. I slowly reduced the number of rocks and started making islands of rock instead of a mass of rocks all over the place . Since Ive been doing this I haven't really noticed to much more spawning but heaps more activity and the males fight less and a much busier looking tank .Atm im getting about 2 spawns a month M to F ratio of 2 Males and 10 adult Females and 5 more almost adult juvies . Ive also added a few good chunks of coral in also and stopped stripping the females and just letting them spit into the coral , this way i can lift out the coral place in bucket of tank water fry swim out and i dont have to stress the female.