Aqua one tanks ? vs juwel

jasonnz

Hey all - looking to buy a 400 - 600 litre tank.

I'm specifically looking a the juwel rio 400 and the aqua one 1800 -

Looking for comments - thoughts about which tank people would go with. Obviously the size is different .. one has a built in filter etc ..

Links :

Juwel

http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/deta ... ack/m/925/

and Aqua one tank :

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/f ... 576067.htm

I can only comment on the juwel tank. Haven't had an aqua one.

Build quality is very good and goes well as a show tank in your living room.

I don't like the filter in the corner so have removed it and now using canisters instead, much better.

The light is slightly dumb too because you can't turn one tube off and only run one and if you take out a tube the other wont work.

Finally I don't like their heater either. Mine failed and cooked my fish therefore I will never use a juwel heater again.

Having said all that I really like the tank itself because of the quality and the look

For that sorta money i would get a custom tank built and stand made. There are some good tank builders in the commercial section who are in auckland, might be worth looking at. If you want to go with these though i have had a couple of aqua one tanks and have found them really good, happy with their canister filters to. I agree with hovmoller the built in filters are pretty weak ditch them and get some canisters.

I've got a Juwel Rio 400. The heaters fail after a few years, have had them lock on on all 3 Juwel tanks I have. Filters work well, as long as you're happy having one in the corner inside the tank. The tanks and stands look nice, I think they're a lot nicer than any other brand tank available.

So yeah ..

I went out this afternoon and got the Aquaone Aquience 1800 tank. Rang a fishshop I have not dealt with before and even though it was 4pm on a Saturday they were happy to deliver today. An hour later I had my tank. I couldn't believe it. Best service ever. Went in to pay and they have everything. (Store was Petstop Newmarket).

So the tank is already setup - has had one of my main canister filters moved to it .. has had everything installed .... filled it with water from my main tank .. and had some start smart added.

Here is a quick pick .. I'm going to create a new thread in DIY .. to talk about why I had a sudden want to get a new second tank.

newtanko.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/newtanko.jpg/