My pair of white spot skunk clown!!

wasp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry.

I don't bother posting much anymore. It gets boring, when people miss the point / alter the point.

Why bother?

I'll stick to posting a few pics every now and then. Plus final year at uni, I got too much work to post much here, I will update with progress on my controller though. It's now my final uni project, so if I don't finish it, no degree this year for me.

Layton

Wasp's no more Ich.... :D may be more profitable then fragging..... and proof does not commercially seem to be necessary.

That's funny Peter :lol:

I had actually thought of doing some kind of garlic preparation and selling it, as long as it was in an eye catching and cool looking bottle, with a plausable explanation I'm sure it would sell.

However, I think the main benefit is in using it fresh.

Would be more profitable than fragging though!

OK, trouble is there may be several causes, including secondary infection from the ich infestation. Anyhow, I've searched an article that may be of use http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/compld ... 053001.htm But as you can see it is complex. One thing that may be of use if you can do it is to put the fish in isolation, that way it will not be bothered by the other fish, and you could treat with antibiotics if you wish.

But if it's stopped eating, I'm afraid it may be on the way out. Did you try any garlic?

I don't have a QT, the i can only but him in a breeding box but not fish is bothering him is there are point to put him in isolation??

I don't have anything with me now, any suggesstion as to what to buy to treat the fish. (Keep in mind it has stop eating, i don't have QTank and i have a reef tank)

I havn't try garlic because i don't have any on hand. i can buy some pre made garlic stuff from the LFS tomorrow but the fish has stop eating so is there a point to buy it?

The fish only stays in his xenia (Don't know why he don't like the ano where his pair loves it), and breathing quickly....

Ben there is little you can do for the fish if you do not remove it. Even a big plastic bin would do.

Too late for garlic now. Your chances are not good, but what I would suggest if you can is to remove the fish to another container, and treat with both antibiotic, and copper, both from your LFS. When you catch the fish, drip some antibiotic right into his eye. Aerate the water, have a powerhead in it, and do 100% water change daily.

All this is quite drastic, however, all things considered and without fully knowing what is wrong with his eye, it is probably the best "last ditch" effort you can make. But the fishes chances are not good.

If this is not possible, just have to leave it in the tank, and hope. If you do leave him in the tank, and you can get him to eat, see if you can get him to eat some fresh chopped garlic, not much to lose by trying, it has both an antibiotic and anti parasite effect.

Good Luck!

Agreed, copper is guaranteed to kill the ich, but garlic may or may not. Just depends if the fish is saveable or already too late.

I know you probably know this, but just incase, you cannot use copper in your main tank.

Just get some kind of bin, dump a load of water in from the main, put the fish in and treat with copper as directed, and some antibiotic will be a good thing for the eye.

Good Luck!

maybe the fish was damaged during capture/transport to your tank... this caused bacterial infection, weakened fish so began to show whitespot.

Fact of life, fish die in this hobby, don't beat yourself up to bad.

Try feeding it small bit of garlic...didn't work~ he didn't eat it...try to mix it with flakes...didn't work too, because it is bascially too hard to feed him.

He can't really see at all now, the only way of me feeding it is holding a chop stick with flakes and put it right next to his mouth....(This is maybe the only thing i can do for this poor fish)

I had read the article wasp post up....it says even if the fish is save...it may be blind for the rest of his life....