FW puffer tank - Fluval Edge

lmsmith

This is my dwarf puffer tank. I'm thinking of rescaping a bit because the fish are getting stuck between plants.

BFdamlfCQAEWkZB.jpg

BFeKJbcCMAAl9DG.jpg

The plants are going wild. I've decided I need to prune everything a bit and replant. I'm thinking of moving all of the grass to one corner, java fern and driftwood behind the grass so there's sort of 1 side that's got lower plants than the rest. The middle and other side will be mostly taller plants (the ambulia and indian fern), but more spaced out so the fish can swim between.

What do you think about this plan? Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Looks great. I had trouble with ambulia taking off and constant having to trim, great to keep algae at bay tho, I removed it after a while. Also my fern has grown.... Large leaves across tank, seems to not mind a trim. How long have you had it up and running?

I changed the lighting on mine http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60275

Also has co2 tho

Well that filled in the blanks :D , that looks great, can't wait to see what your changes look like. There are not too many fluvel edge tanks on here so your post caught my eye. The main piece of advise would be to keep in mind trimming access, but I'm sure your already all over that.

I only had the halogens with mine but I could never get plants to grow or keep it clear, so changed to those 7 LEDs.

If you do go to co2 go with the soda stream option, one bottle will last 3 odd months on this tank. Also I haven't had a casualty yet, co2 on and off with the lights and there is no issues with ph. Adds another dimension to the tank with all the pearling and growth rate is huge.

Getting the balance right was a challenge tho. Good luck

Well that filled in the blanks :D , that looks great, can't wait to see what your changes look like. There are not too many fluvel edge tanks on here so your post caught my eye. The main piece of advise would be to keep in mind trimming access, but I'm sure your already all over that.

I only had the halogens with mine but I could never get plants to grow or keep it clear, so changed to those 7 LEDs.

If you do go to co2 go with the soda stream option, one bottle will last 3 odd months on this tank. Also I haven't had a casualty yet, co2 on and off with the lights and there is no issues with ph. Adds another dimension to the tank with all the pearling and growth rate is huge.

Getting the balance right was a challenge tho. Good luck

Thanks.

CO2 is definitely not on the table for me. I'm happy with the growth I'm getting, and I'm not really interested in getting more growth that I've got.

Re trimming, I'm got small hands so it's not a problem for me, but I bet it can be a pain for people who are bigger than me!