Can you dilute Flourish products?

NoFishing

Particularly Excel and Comprehensive.

The reason being, for a small planted tank, it's not that easy to measure out the recommended dose as it's such a small amount.

I was thinking I could dilute these products with water to just 10% concentration and then keep it like that.

Does anyone know of a reason why this would not be a good idea?

Cheers

Leon

if you go to the chemist and ask, you can get small, and very small measured droppers.

I use a 5ml dropper for Excel/Flourish and put in 1ml at a time, but I've also got a dropper that is divided into tenths of a milliliitre.

If you can't find any send me a PM and I will get one for you.

A problem with some formulae is that they may have other additives such as stabilizers which will be diluted when you add water to the solution or the chlorine in your tap water could be a problem. Most of those sort of solutions are made up with distilled water. If you can it would be best to leave as is and measure a small amount. I still have many meds from way back and they will still be OK because they are in powder or tablet form.

I started dosing with a syringe and then moved to a dropper, much easier :thup:

At the chemist there's a standard one in the first aid bit in among the medicine sippers with a pink rubber bit, they're the ones I use

Thanks Sophia, I will check it out. :D

A problem with some formulae is that they may have other additives such as stabilizers which will be diluted when you add water to the solution or the chlorine in your tap water could be a problem. Most of those sort of solutions are made up with distilled water. If you can it would be best to leave as is and measure a small amount. I still have many meds from way back and they will still be OK because they are in powder or tablet form.

Thanks Alan, sounds like a very good reason not to dilute, so Cheers for that.