sutible catfish

Scarletmonuka

I finally got myself a small pictus catfish a couple of weeks ago. he's not more then about 8 cm. i'm after another bottom dwelling catfish that i can keep with him. i don't want a chocolate talking, a port hoplow or an upsidedown catfish. Nor do i want anything that i have to keep i schools. Ofcourse it has to grow big enough not to be eaten by him when he gets bigger. I was thinking of a Virculated Synodontis (excuse my spelling). i saw these on the fish list for hwff mt roskil and googled it and they a awesome looking fish. Any other thoughts?

cheers

I'd agree with more pictus cats - they're fairly slow growing. I was under the impression they were one of the schooling species of cats anyway, I might be wrong though maybe someone else has more experience with them?

Ok so i just re goggled them and yes you're right they prefer to be in groups. so i will look at getting another couple when we go to chch at the end of the month. hopefully they be a lot cheaper up there.