FX5 Motor

Faran

Hey guys,

My FX5 must have had a bad shift and the motor is pulsing and stopping rather than giving a steady flow. I've cleaned it to the point of being detailed (I used to be a Marine so know how to clean very very well) and the internet agrees that the motor probably needs replacing. Any suggestions on where to get one fast? I've been out of the fish game for many years so I don't even remember which company I purchased it from. Either way, a new motor after about 7 years seems fair to me so I'm fine with doing it, the bloody thing has served me well.

So, if anyone has any experience with price and supplier, please let me know. I'll TRY and stop in Hutt Pets and Animates tomorrow but I've still got an 8 foot tank and 8x 4 foot tanks to shift so I don't know if I'll have the time so please help if you can.

Cheers,

Blue

Hey Ira been a while. Yup released late 2005 about the time I bought the house in Upper Hutt that I just sold. I got it in Feb 06 as soon as they landed here. Gotta say in all these years it's been mint as still recommend it highly for monster tanks or have excessive filtration needs like me :-)

No probs. I used to have a massive amazon collection which included a huge array of fancy plecs (see signature), rare plants and I was a discus breeder carrying 8 different strains of breeding pairs in my fish room. I was pretty successful at breeding fancy plecs by combining discus breeding techniques with my experiences from the common bristlenose. It was a great hobby and business but very time consuming and required a massive commitment so I shut everything down when I became a dad. Now I still have the tanks but I've sold or tossed out many of the plants and haven't bought a fish since before I shut shop so only have c. Sterbai (breeding colony) and a sole discus left. Now that I've moved the big display tank to the new house I plan on selling off some of the tiger lotus, needle leaf java fern and Xmas moss to fix my fx5 and stock up on some of the beautiful smaller fish to have some nice schooling behaviour through the plants :-)