live bloodworms

mts sufferer

A couple of months ago I chucked one of those blue, shell shaped kids paddling pool outside and filled it with water to see if I could get some mosquito larvae. I got heaps of them. I have been away on holiday for a few weeks and it has been neglected and no mosquito larvae had been harvested. Today I ran a net through the water and I caught a live few live bloodworms (as well as millions of mosquito larvae).

Is this normal in New Zealand because I have never heard of live ones here and are live ones ok to feed to fish?

Cheers :ton:

Yes feed away, I get a few too but mostly mozzie larvae :)

Cheers

Yea I was trying to get some mozzie larve or algae in a tiny paddling pool, but I forgot to tell the landlord that it is supposed to look like that and he tipped out when he mowed my lawns :( Oh well he was trying to be helpful.

:slfg: That almost happened to me as well.

I can't really complain when I get my lawns mowed and gardens done for free. Gonna try put it on the corner of the deck this time and explain why its there lol, the landlords live behind me, really nice people, they seem to think my fish obession is a bit quirky like they have the crazy cat lady living in thier house :sml1:

Any way back on topic, I know my angel will like the mozzie larvae but is it ok for my African cichlids (electric blue and yellows) as well?