High PH

leetric0

Hi guys,

Yesterday my favourite ram died during the night :tears: so when i got home i decided to check my ph levels. Only to find they were way off the chart from usually just below 7 to over 8. I have no idea of how this happened. Now it looks like my 2 kribs are dying one is just sitting on the bottom looking depressed and the other looks like hes trying to swim but his tail looks like its falling apart sort of. All my other fish are fine and i have recently been dosing a ich cure for my loaches.

Any ideas on what would cause this rapid change in ph?

Rico

More info could be helpful in determining what it is - have you changed anything recently? What size is your tank? Do you use CO2? Plants?

In the meantime, have you done a water change?

I have added a big bit of driftwood which has leeched tannins but i am pretty sure that would only drop the ph. Its a ar980t which is 245l running 2 filters. I do use Flourish excel and comp when i remember. It has java fern, moss, a lily pad looking thing (not sure what its called), thin leaf java and one more type of plant but im not sure what it's called.

Yupp i have done a water change and i also dosed up the tank with more ich cure since it came back and a ph regulator by seachem