Lake Victoria.

camtang

dude that's buzzy, i have been thinking about lake victoria recently. it started when i was on google earth looking at lake tanganyika and lake malawi. two lakes that are household names, because most african cichlids on the market in nz are classified as either tanganyikan or malawi. but lake victoria is just as epic a lake as those other two. do they share species? i'm more of a south american guy so i don't know a whole lot about this subject. actually i don't really know much about anything.

it's not really something you can ask google directly... i mean.. i spent a while trawling through the interwebs looking for info on what kind of fish come from lake vic and i didn't turn up much at all.

it might not be a big deal and i might just be drunk but why does nobody talk about fish from lake vic?

it's not really something you can ask google directly... i mean.. i spent a while trawling through the interwebs looking for info on what kind of fish come from lake vic and i didn't turn up much at all.

it might not be a big deal and i might just be drunk but why does nobody talk about fish from lake vic?

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/c ... php?cat=16 thats the spieces from there.. as to what is available here i have no clue

umbee ?

Nile perch, introduced for food fish and just about ate all the indigenous lake fish (which is probably why no one talks about them!)...

Actually some of the Victorians are really nice, as the pics above show, and the hobby is largely responsible for their survival.

Some Vic cichlids are very nice, but I still dont know what is available in NZ. I want to do Malawi, Tang and Victoria tanks. I have Malawi done, Tang under construction but need to find more then brown haps for the Victoria otherwise it feels a bit pointless to me