We have eggs too.......

terry17

My blue rams have some eggs in a community tank....

so shall I go and buy a breading trap and put the leave with the eggs in it? At the moment I put a barrier in the tank to keep the eggs away from the big fish....but samll fish could still come around

Anyone bread these before?

Cheers

DSC_3285_rr.jpg

IMG_1668r.jpg

eggs seem a bit white (could just be the photos)

most rams fail on their first spawn.

have never bread them, prefer batter :P

leave the parents with the eggs, they should defend them reasonably well, maybe consider another tank to put fry into though

what else is with them???

btw AWESOME pics

eggs seem a bit white (could just be the photos)

most rams fail on their first spawn.

have never bread them, prefer batter :P

leave the parents with the eggs, they should defend them reasonably well, maybe consider another tank to put fry into though

what else is with them???

btw AWESOME pics

Other rams and discus and 1 angel

Nice fish Terry. My first spawn got eaten after I tried removing the fungus eggs. The 2nd spawn hatched and are all good, growing alot faster than the Apistogramma fry. Mine are in a specific tank so no risk of getting eaten. Will post some pics soon.

Nice fish Terry. My first spawn got eaten after I tried removing the fungus eggs. The 2nd spawn hatched and are all good, growing alot faster than the Apistogramma fry. Mine are in a specific tank so no risk of getting eaten. Will post some pics soon.

I hope they do end up with some fry, looking forward to ur photos Dan.

Btw I saw some nice aggazzi double red at Hollywood today

I've successfully raised fry. If it's their first lay leave them - I'd wait until the 2nd or 3rd to remove eggs. You'll want to condition them well before their next lay - feed them meaty foods to do that, and lots of variety. You can often trigger them to lay by doing a big, coldish water change in 3-4 weeks.

The fry are itty bitty so can only eat green water for a few days after they become freeswimming. Some might be able to eat BBS after a couple of days, so give them a go. I never had success only feeding BBS from FS though. They prefer very soft water, and it's got to be very clean. You'll want to make sure they always have food available.

The parents are often good at raising the fry, but in a community tank like that it's likely they'll get spooked and eat the eggs or wrigglers.

Good luck - raising fry is awesome!

I've successfully raised fry. If it's their first lay leave them - I'd wait until the 2nd or 3rd to remove eggs. You'll want to condition them well before their next lay - feed them meaty foods to do that, and lots of variety. You can often trigger them to lay by doing a big, coldish water change in 3-4 weeks.

The fry are itty bitty so can only eat green water for a few days after they become freeswimming. Some might be able to eat BBS after a couple of days, so give them a go. I never had success only feeding BBS from FS though. They prefer very soft water, and it's got to be very clean. You'll want to make sure they always have food available.

The parents are often good at raising the fry, but in a community tank like that it's likely they'll get spooked and eat the eggs or wrigglers.

Good luck - raising fry is awesome!

Thanks. I will just leave them and see how they go :-)

I might set up a new 50L tank just for this pair and see how that goes.

Thanks. I will just leave them and see how they go :-)

I might set up a new 50L tank just for this pair and see how that goes.

If you remove the eggs at any point, meth blue and low light can help ward off fungus. No need if you've got the parents there fanning them though :)

• 1 month later...