Native New Zealand Plants and Golden Bell Frogs?

Monzae

I have 3 Golden Bell Frogs, fully matured and just a month or so from breeding age, I'm setting up a large 100liter vivarium for them to allow for the breeding expected before long. I was wondering which plants I could take from my backyard for use in the vivarium? I have abundant wildlife right in my backyard and it's full of New Zealand plants (alotta Ferns!) so to take as many of those that are safe for them and just pack the tank with native plantation would be great.

check out the pond section at your local pond store. lotsa natives there.. most ferns will grow too big for a frog tank

most plants in your backyard are likely to be imports anyways

very few plants will support a fully grown bell frog, better to use foreign plants like bromeliads

I have had some Boston fern in for a while, they do just pin them down under the frog. The smallest frog however climbed one successfully in pursuit of a house fly. I got a few new plants, forgot what they were called, all have been checked are safe and pesticide free. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

• 3 weeks later...