cleaning shells

camtang

Usually the shellies themselves go in and flush the shells out so no gunk builds up at all. :dunno: I found they like to have lots of shells around them and will go into them regularly but if yours aren't using the shells, perhaps remove the unused ones? Very odd

Sometimes they bury the unused shells, I just left them to it as they were happy enough to breed me out of house and home! Might be good to look at why there is so much muck around if it is settling, perhaps too much food, or not enough filtration? Or maybe a bacterial imbalance.

i dont think it is left over food, my DIY background crumbled a little when i moved the tank so i suspect it is something to do with that. im also going through a trial and error stage for the outlet for the filter, im trying to minimise noise but keep a good flow. so that is potentialy contributing as well. white sand hasnt helped with it being more noticable either.