White Convict agression..

Scarletmonuka

Ok first off i know they are an agreesive species but my question is this. my tank has 2 white convicts, 3 electric yellow 1 electric blue and one peacock. that only one of the fish (one of the electric yellows) is a female the rest are males. my dominant white convict (who i am trying to get rid of at the moment) is super agressive and spends 90% of his time chasing the other fish around (especially my other white convict). someone on my trademe auction said if i get rid of the female electric yellow the agression in the tank will stop. is this the case?

how i have sexed the fish... two of the electric yellows have really black anal fins and lots of black on the top of the back fin. White convicts have both developed lumps on the forhead, both the peacock and fryier hap have coloured (i have been told the females don't colour up).

Cheers

It's 140 Litres soon to be 200 Litres. Jamie finally found some glass for it.. gonna pretty much double the thickness off it.. just gotta get the pieces cut. its calving time so i'm flat out.. its all about finding the time to get it cut for us. Oh and bubs is now born so COMPLETELY shattered! how about your new tank?

Cheers man, yeah seen those discus they have taken the price down to $163 each but wouldn't consider doing a decent price on all 3. I have asked them countless times to order fish for me with no luck so kind of got no choice but to get fish shipped to me. Diacks will order fish for anyone if they can get them from their supplier, they actually have a decent selection that they have access to. Only thing is it can take a fair few months to get them to do it for you as they will only do it when they need new stock. Greg who works at the Tweed Street one will give you a list if you are interested, had a few different cichlids on it last time I looked.